Wednesday

"Toward New Media Texts" summary

I liked the very first sentence in this article that states, “How can teachers of composition begin working with new media texts-especially when they feel less prepared to do so?” This is a very good question. It makes me think about teachers who have worked for a long time in the schools that are approaching retirement, and have to take classes to keep up with everybody else.

In the schools that I have been observing, the younger teachers help the older ones learn about the newest technology and media texts to help them in the classrooms. Some are using promethean boards, interactive boards and computer with programs downloaded on them. The students need a these variety of methods to target different learning styles.

This article gives insight on how difficult it is to teach because they feel that they lack awareness of the texts that they feel is necessary for study in their classrooms. They often feel inadequate because of unfamiliarity with the software. I’m glad that I have learned how to use these texts and I feel confident in helping others learn how to use them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment